SAFMA CPD POINTS
17 - 21 August 2020
16 - 20 March 2020
TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
The training programme covers the fundamentals of general facilities management in a practical way. The focus areas include an overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHAct) and some of its implications, emergency and contingency planning and the basics of asset management and building maintenance.
The programme also broaches the importance of, and the methods linked to conducting building assessments that enables the delegate to strategize, schedule and implement planned maintenance schedules to ensure the sustainable and efficient use of assets during its life cycle.
In addition, the delegate will attend three days of practical hands on fire marshal and health awareness training. This part of the training is accredited and linked to unit standards at NQF levels 1 and 2 that is valid for two years.
The training programme is aligned to unit standards and we are awaiting final SSETA approval.
- Building managers
- Facility coordinators
- Facility managers
- Maintenance managers
- Maintenance coordinators
- Office managers
- Property developers
What You Will Learn:
Delegates will gain knowledge and understand the practical application to:
- Explain the basic principles of the act and accompanying regulations
- Explain the requirements for minimum compliance stipulated in the act
- Interpret the management controls required to achieve compliance
- Explain the obligations of managers in terms of communication and training
- Introduction to facilities management
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act
- OHS plan and procedures
- Business continuity
- Health and safety awareness
- Fire marshal training
- Building emergency plan
- Contractors and the OHS programme
- Building conditions audits
- Operational matters
GET DETAILED PROGRAMME INFO