7789, 242810, 9964, 14883, 14892, 199740 (Aligned)
- Handyman assistant
- Maintenance technician
- Junior technical maintenance staff
TRAINING COURSE OVERVIEW
- NQF 1 Numeracy and Literacy
This five-day practical skills training consisting of three-day and two-day practical skills enables handymen and maintenance technicians to gain theoretical and practical knowledge and deliver first-line customer-centric technical services. The skills programme aligns to six-unit standards.
The delegate will be able to:
- Provide customer services
- Apply health and safety to a work area
- Manage expenditure against a budget
- Apply tiles to plastered surfaces
- Install glazing
- Identify the various types of paints, primers, material and their uses
- Introduction to handyman services in an FM environment
- Business acumen essentials
- Occupational health and safety management
- Inspection and use hand tools
- Materials management
- General maintenance
- Civil and construction maintenance
- Practical training days
After completing the three-day theoretical and two-day practical training, the delegate completes an observed practical workplace summative assessment. A ‘mentor’ records the results in their workplace which is submitted for assessment and moderation.
SAFMA awards CPD points to registered SAFMA members on the presentation of their Certificate of Attendance.
GET DETAILED PROGRAMME INFO
COVID-19 OHS COMPLIANCE
All venues used for the facilitated training format have been inspected and are compliance with COVID-19 Government and Hospitality Industry Standards.
Delegates are responsible to provide their own cloth face mask and wear it for the duration of the training programme.
A Health and Safety Induction will be done at the beginning of the training and enforced throughout the contact days.